Fiona worked for Disney at the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT as part of the Disney College Program, Alistair meanwhile spent two years with Disney Cruise Line sailing to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream. We’d both also visited Orlando several times on holiday with our parents while we were growing up and know the area reasonably well.
Initially the plan was to only go to Orlando but as Fiona hadn’t been to Disneys private island Castaway Cay we enquired if it was possible to book a cruise at the end of our holiday, we were surprised to discover that the cost of adding the cruise, staying in a balcony cabin was only a few pounds more than just staying at Walt Disney World for 14 nights so we booked up!
We booked the holiday back in August 2017 direct with the Walt Disney Travel Company in the UK, receiving quite a good deal including;
- 14-day park hopper tickets, including water parks, for the price of 7 days
- 12-night hotel accommodation at Disneys Caribbean Beach Resort
- 3-night cruise onboard the Disney Dream
- Disneys Quick Service Dining Plan
- Memory Maker
- $200 Disney Gift Card
- 1-year subscription to Disney Life
We chose to book our flights independently as through his work Alistair had amassed a large number of BA miles with British Airways which we took advantage of paying less than £200 for our flights!
We’ll both be writing about our 2018 Disney Vacation over the next few weeks, posting our photos and some videos we filmed as we go.
Our Flight Itinerary
- Edinburgh – London Gatwick – Orlando International
- Orlando International – London Gatwick – Edinburgh